Hank azaria has full house with
celebrity charity poker tourney
Proceeds Benefit LA-Based Non-Profits
Geffen Playhouse and Determined to Succeed
Presenting Sponsor Tropicana Las Vegas
LOS ANGELES, May 9, 2011 — Actor and poker enthusiast Hank Azaria will have at least one full house on Saturday, May 21, 2011 when he hosts the third annual Playing For Good poker tournament at his home in Bel Air. The event, which is sponsored by Tropicana Las Vegas and supported by Los Angeles magazine, is a benefit for two LA-based non-profits: the Geffen Playhouse (specifically the theater’s award-winning education and outreach programs) and Determined to Succeed, a mentoring program for high-performing low socio-economic students. The deep stack, no limit no hold’em tournament will play down from 200 players to a single champion by the end of the day. The last man standing will receive a grand prize that includes a seat at the prestigious 2011 World Series of Poker tournament and a VIP weekend provided by Tropicana Las Vegas.
Last year, acclaimed director Nick Cassavetesclaimed the first place, Poker Hall of Famer Mike Sexton took second, followed in third by Academy Award nominated Writer/Producer Grant Heslov. While poker may be the main attraction, there are plenty diversions players who bust early and non-playing guests. Azaria’s backyard will be transformed into a tranquil outdoor spa that will feature poolside cabanas and mini-facials provided by Fresh spa and dry manicures provided by SpaRitual. Massages will also be provided by Spa on Location. Tanaz Assil Jewelry will be selling her beautiful jewelry with a percentage of the proceeds going back to the Geffen Playhouse and Determined to Succeed. Attendees will be kept well-fed by delicious fare donated by SugarFish and Ronen Levy Events. Drinks will be supplied by Krol Vodka, Malibu Family Wines, Eternal Water andTropicana Las Vegas. Don’t worry about walking away empty handed because gift bags will be provided and there will be a silent auction featuring everything from a stay at the Hilton Moorea to a Simpsons dream package.
Registration begins at 11am and cards fly at noon sharp. Contestants can buy-in to the tournament for $1000, which includes access for one non-playing guest, gourmet meals, open bar, access to all spa services and a chance to win coveted prizes from luxury brands. Unlike any other tournament, the prizes are distributed “school yard style”, meaning the first place finisher gets to pick first, and then the rest of final two tables take their pick of prizes in the order of where they finished. All players at the final two tables will be treated to a weekend at the Tropicana Las Vegas that includes dinner for two and two tickets to a Tropicana show.
The full list of prizes includes:
· A Main Event seat a the 2011 World Series of Poker is the Grand Prize.
· A Tropicana Las Vegaspackage valued at $8,000 that includes two nights in a Penthouse Loft Suite, VIP tickets to Tropicana events, fine-dining, transportation, and reserved cabana service each day.
· Seven night stay in a breathtaking breach front bungalow at Nikki Beach in Koh Samui Thailand that includes daily breakfast and massages
· Four nights in an exotic ocean view room at the Four Seasons La’nai at Manele Bay
· Seven nights in a luxurious volcano view suite at the Lost Iguana Resort and Spa in the heart of the Costa Rican rainforest (includes a $500 spa credit)
· A Montage Hotelpackage that features two nights at each of the following properties: Montage Beverly Hills, Montage Deer Valley and Montage Laguna Beach
· Two nights at Casa Palladio, a private villa in Montecito
· Four nights at the sleek W Hotel in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
· Three nights in an ocean view room at the St. Regis Princeville on the island of Kauai
· Three nights in a deluxe ocean front room with jacuzzi and private terrace for two at the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar in Mexico
· Two nights at the Westin Kierland in Phoenix, including one round of golf at Kierland Golf Club and dinner for two at the signature restaurant Deseo
· Dinner for two at Craft Los Angeles
· A spectacular 23rd Street Jewlers piece valued at $1000
· Diamond earrings made of 18kt white gold, set with 1.25 ctw diamond pave total carat weight from the Edward Avedis Collection at Readers Fine Jewelry. Valued at $2,745
· Two guitars from You Rock Guitar
· Sets of Bluetooth speakers from Creative Brand
· A one year health club membership to Sports Club LA redeemable in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Orange County or New York
· A VIP suite at Staples Center donated by Keyes Automotive Group for use at a King’s game. Includes 18 tickets and 5 VIP parking passes.
· A weekend at the luxurious Hideaway Club in LaQuinta including 36 holes of golf
· A stay at the Hilton Moorea in French Polynesia
· One week stay at a private five bedroom home on Hawaii’s Big Island with pool, sunken fire pit and breathtaking views of the ocean
· Two night stay at the beautiful Lodge at Torrey Pines
· A six night tour of Italy at the five-star Boscolo Hotels, two nights in Venice, two in Milan and Two in Rome
· Two night stay at La Costa Resort and Spa. This package includes daily breakfast for two and a 50 minute massage for each person.
· One night stay at the SLS Hotel in Beverly Hills with dinner for two at The Bazaar by Jose Andreas
· An overnight star in a three bedroom villa at Pelican Hill Resort including two massages, a round of golf for two, dinner for four at Pelican Grill and a guided hike along Crystal Cove State Beach
· A beautiful bag by Yves Saint Laurent valued at $1100
· One night stay at the Malibu Beach Inn
· A Tiffany and Co. men’s watch from Westime
· A pair of yellow gold, spike stud earings and a yellow, double pyramid pendant with one row of diamonds on a yellow gold chain from Tanaz Assil Jewelry
· A $1000 gift certificate from Polachecks
· Two tickets for a Dodgersgame in the Dodger Dugout Club which include seats behind home plate, all-inclusive food, non-aldoholic beverages, snacks and desserts.
· One box of authentic Cuban cigars – 25 Poe Larranga Belicoso Regional Release
· Two eReaders from Kobo
· A private tour, tasting and lunch for ten people at Malibu Family Wines
ABOUT THE DETERMINED TO SUCCEED
Determined to Succeed is a unique program dedicated to providing an exceptional group of low socio-economic students with comprehensive year-round support. The students are guided from the critical middle school years through high school and the college acceptance process. Our program tutors and mentors these students by empowering them with more confidence, stronger self-esteem, and a better education. For more information, please visit dtsla.org.
The Geffen Playhouse has been a hub of the Los Angeles theater scene since opening its doors in 1995. Noted for its intimacy and celebrated for its world-renowned mix of classic and contemporary plays, provocative new works and musicals, the Geffen Playhouse continues to present a body of work that has garnered national recognition. Named in honor of entertainment mogul and philanthropist David Geffen, who made the initial donation to the theater, the company is helmed by Producing Director and President of the Board Gilbert Cates, Artistic Director Randall Arney, Managing Director Ken Novice and Chairman of the Board Frank Mancuso. Proudly associated with UCLA, the Geffen Playhouse welcomes an audience of more than 130,000 each year, and maintains an extensive education and outreach program, designed to engage young people and the community at large in the arts. For more information, please visit geffenplayhouse.org.